Anyone still playing?

Anyone still playing?

Postby Denina » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:56 pm

I've come back recently and I've made an Altmer custom class using Sorcha Ravenlock's High Elves2.

Meet Lauren, custom class cleric:

Lauren.jpg

I based most of her stats on clerics in the game EverQuest with a couple of additional ones just because that's where I know clerics from. She wears heavy armor, restoration, alchemy and enchant are major skills. It's been fun so far.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Anyone still playing?

Postby Stuporstar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm considering doing a Redoran playthrough because I never have, and also to give me a few ideas for tweaking their quests and other interactions for Quest Tweaks and Alternatives. The big question is whether to do it with Pax Redoran loaded or not. It would give me a good idea of what's already been tweaked for a better questline, but since I've never done the original Redoran quests, I'll have no idea what stuff is theirs.

So what factions are you going for, Denina?
Stuporstar

Postby Drakkmore » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:44 am

I really enjoy Pax Redoran, but for the first time through a House Redoran character I would suggest trying just the vanilla content. Just to gain a perspective of what Bethesda was going for with the Redoran house. I hope that you enjoy your House Redoran, I find it to be my favorite Great House. Sadly Telvanni has never been to my liking, with Hlaalu being in between the two. Right now I'm doing a Legion Redoran run with a non-Nerevarine, Scout type thing. No Magicka, but enchantments, and potions welcome. Also Shrine Blessings are a plus.

I haven't played it in a few days though.
Well maybe since spring got around here. I've a lot of yard/house work/maintenance to do.
Drakkmore

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:15 am

Lauren is a goody-two-shoes (like most of my characters) so Imperial Cult and Mages Guild, will probably do Redoran for great house. She's just not ruthless enough to do Telvanni.

That said, I am thinking about a Telvanni character, you know, with all those nifty Telvanni mods there are. :roll:
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Stuporstar » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:26 am

I'm working on making being a good Telvanni a more rewarding experience in QTA and UL. The quests you get from Therana and Neloth still need to have options where you can trick your way into getting the stuff (or fakes) without killing their original owners. In UL, I'm making it so Barrie the Skeleton can give you hints on how to destroy Lord Uvirith without resurrecting Verena, and there's a whole new character you get if you abolish slavery in the tower who will find cool stuff you can't get any other way (to make the evil players miss out for once, lol).

I think I might go with a vanilla Redoran run first, with a light load list. Since I'm rebuilding my MW install from scratch, I might as well go for as vanilla a feel as possible to start, choosing only vanilla enhancements for meshes and textures and little else.
Stuporstar

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:34 am

I really enjoyed the Redoran quests. Good story there. Hope you enjoy it.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Stuporstar » Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Are there any light mods you'd recommend for a vanilla Redoran run?
Stuporstar

Postby Denina » Tue May 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Well, you'll be spending a lot of time in Ald-ruhn so if you use the Mages guild guide and don't already have one, I would use a mod that moves the guy who stands in front of the Mages Guild entrance to behind it or anywhere but at the door or he'll talk at you the whole time. He always drove me nuts. Moving him was the best mod for Ald-ruhn I ever made. I also got someone to make me a mod that turns off the ash storms in the Ashlands because they were frequent and annoying but if you don't mind them, it probably won't matter. Otherwise, you might want to look into that.

Other than that, I can't think of anything particular. I thought vanilla Redoran was pretty fun, definitely good 'stories' in the Redoran line of quests.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Stuporstar » Tue May 02, 2017 11:17 pm

I decided, since I want to play as non-magically as possible (just for a change because I always play mages) to load a couple mods that will allow my warrior to get stuff enchanted without having to learn spells or gain magical skills. This one adds more filled soul gems to vendors: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42911/? and this one allows a non-mage to have items enchanted for them without learning any spells: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/39539/?

I also added Blight Bounties so my Redoran can make a bit of money honorably, because I've heard lots of complaints that there quests are poor that way: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-35-5935
Stuporstar

Postby Denina » Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 am

I know Galbedir sells some filled soul gems, but not a ton and of varying strength of souls.

Not familiar with the blight bounties but that sounds like one I definitely want to check out. It's true Redoran doesn't make a lot of money, but there are several bandit caves in the West Gash/Ashlands so that kind of makes up for it.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Next

Return to Morrowind: General Discussion