Anyone still playing?

Re: Anyone still playing?

Postby Stuporstar » Thu May 04, 2017 9:52 pm

I decided to play a completely non-magical Redguard, and I have to say I love the new MCP option to make eating ingredients always succeed (with variable results). I'm running around with a pack of saltrice and marshmerrow, and for exploring it works better than potions and rest. I cram saltrice into my gob as I'm running, and munch a bunch of marshmerrow after I take a few minor hits. It's great for topping HP up, so I can save my health potions for battle. It's completely replaced the need for cheap and bargain potions, and so much lighter to carry as well.
Stuporstar

Postby Denina » Fri May 05, 2017 12:31 am

I do the same thing. Take a boat to Tel Vos and pick some wickwheat. Plentiful health food there.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Stuporstar » Tue May 16, 2017 5:42 pm

I've rolled another Redoran character to test QTA along with all the LGNPC mods loaded. This time she's a shamanic orc warrior, and I'm finding throwing magic into the mix has already made playing more fun for me. So far she's joined the Fighters and Mages Guild, will join the Imperial Legion and Cult (but won't do the almoner quests because yuck), eventually circling round to the Redoran and maybe the Temple once she decides to buckle down and further the main quest.

Wow do orcs ever start out with low personality, something like 25. I didn't pick The Lady birthsign to balance that out because I'm trying out Birthsigns Are More Fun along with Races Are More Fun. It made all the choices more interesting, and I ended up going for The Ritual, which modded gives the player a good range of stat boosts and a bunch of healing powers. It fleshed my "shaman" build out really well. But with such low personality, one of the first things I did when I got enough money for training was have Caius give me enough Speechcraft lessons to give a full five point bonus to personality on leveling a couple times.
Stuporstar

Postby Denina » Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 pm

I confess. I cheat my way through the first two almoner quests because they're a pain in the ass. I don't cheat on any of the others though. Doing the third almoner quest is easy, if time-consuming.

You get some nice rewards for doing the almoner quests so they're worth the effort. If you want a spoiler for the almoner quests, let me know. Apparently, spoiler tags don't work here, which is thoroughly annoying.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Stuporstar » Tue May 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Don't worry, I've done them, and even altered them in QTA. Even with it loaded, this character isn't the begging type though. And also, I mainly just altered them to make them funny.
Stuporstar

Postby Toccatta » Tue May 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Denina wrote:Apparently, spoiler tags don't work here, which is thoroughly annoying.

Spoiler:
They didn't used to, which was indeed thoroughly annoying. Now they do.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Denina » Wed May 24, 2017 2:21 pm

Well, lately, I've been doing more modding than actual playing but I'm having fun. I've neglected my writing but I'll get back to it eventually. Stuporstar has lots of toys to play with and she shared them with me. Of course, I've started multiple projects but haven't actually finished any, but I'm getting there. It's the journey, not the destination.

I expect to get back into playing though. Lots of things I want to do yet.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 pm

I've neglected writing as well (apologies, Arissi! May I kindly have the ancestor ghost removed from my closet now?), but yes, still dabble a bit in the game. It helps to give ideas for the story.
Drac

Postby Denina » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 pm

I need to get back to writing fan fiction again for Morrowind. I had made an attempt to do so some time back but it kind of fell flat because I couldn't let go of the other fandom I've been writing in but now that's loosening its hold on me so maybe I could now. That is, if I can get my head out of the construction set long enough. :roll:
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:40 am

As I had opened Morrowind again for the first time in several months (and was immediatel;y absorbed into the mindset once again, egad), I am yet playing, and once again listening to Arissi...
Drac

PreviousNext

Return to Morrowind: General Discussion