[REL] Balmora, Base of Operations v1.0

[REL] Balmora, Base of Operations v1.0

Postby Denina » Tue May 30, 2017 4:49 am

Balmora, Base of Operations v 1.0
Author: Denina
Requirements: Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon

I wasn't planning to mod for public release again but Morrowind May Modathon Month inspired me so here we are. This is a house mod in Balmora. Yeah, I know, but I needed a new well, base of operations in Balmora and here we are.

This places a medium-sized house beside Milie Hastien's shop tucked in the corner. I'll freely admit the exterior isn't much to look at but in the interest of keeping mod conflicts down to the bare minimum, even if it is Balmora, I tried to make it take up the least amount of space as possible.

This features a nice kitchen, dining area and storage room with ingredient and item sorter for the base masters and Morrowind Crafting. Morrowind Crafting 2-1 is NOT required to use this house though it is intended to work with it. If you like the house but don't use Morrowind Crafting, you'll just have several labeled containers that don't have anything in them unless you place stuff in them manually. See the Read Me for more details about that.

The other main feature is that the Uber Crystal Egg Hunt mod and the Display Resource I made for it is built in to this mod. All files are included as part of the download package. It's a prominent feature of the display room. All the empty bookcases are actually display cases for the eggs. Use the egg sorter so the eggs will automagically go where they belong when you bring them home from your adventures. I hope you enjoy the display as much as I do!

Teleport Home Ring and lots and lots of storage and display.

View screenshots http://imgur.com/a/4DCxw

Just found out it's also featured in Morrowind Modathon Showcase for 2017 Morrowind Modathon:
Attachments
Balmora, Base of Operations v1.0.7z
(6.42 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: [REL] Balmora, Base of Operations v1.0

Postby Arakhor » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:29 am

I was literally coming here just to see if anyone had noticed the new MMS video about your mod. :D

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Arakhor
Devious Daedric Deceiver

Postby Denina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 am

I just found out about the video about a half-hour ago myself. There were so many entries, I didn't expect it.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Arakhor » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:36 am

At least it was good to hear DEG pronounce 'Denina' the same way I've been doing it for years. :P

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Arakhor
Devious Daedric Deceiver

Postby Denina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:40 am

I will confirm that DEG and you pronounce it correctly.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 am

That is quite the home-mod... the interior is attractive *and* useful. It's pleasing to see one of our own Denina's mods showcased. :ugeek:
Drac

Postby Denina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks, Drac. I added a lot of items to the sorting scripts that weren't ingredients but it was stuff I had a lot of all the time.

My next house mod (in planning stage) should be a lot better. I won't have the pressure of a time limit to complete it. I have lots of ideas for it that I wouldn't have been able to do a few years ago.

It's weird that just a couple of years ago I would read scripts and a lot of things didn't make sense to me then, do now. I understand the logic behind it better. Of course, I did take an online course in Logic a while back so maybe it helped in ways I didn't realize. In any case, working on this mod gave me a lot more confidence in my abilities. I still have a lot to learn but scripts aren't nearly as intimidating to me as they used to be.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby smokesalot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi,
strange happenings with the box in the bedroom that has a ring in it.
If I open the box twice without taking the ring I get a CTD
If I take the ring then open either the dresser or the closet next to the box I get a CTD
very strange
smokesalot

Postby Denina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Can you post your mod list in load order? First thing to do is to rule out conflicts.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby smokesalot » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:58 pm

edit* I just ran Mlox and whatever was causing the crash seems to be fixed

The location is perfect for me since I'm using Buyable Hlaalo manor and I've run out of room there.
So having another place around the corner is great And I was already using the Egg Hunt so the shelves are an added bonus.
THanks!
Last edited by smokesalot on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smokesalot

Next

Return to Morrowind Modding