BBcode tags for images

BBcode tags for images

Postby Toccatta » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:21 pm

The behavior of the default image tag has been changed. Images which exceed the maximum available space will automatically have their own scroll bar independent of the remainder of the post. As a result, large images should no longer force a horizontal scroll bar for the entire browser window.

Also, two new image tags have been created to allow you more freedom to display your images as you prefer.

[maximg] can be used to limit the maximum size of an image to fit available space. Larger images will be shrunk to fit the browser window, while smaller images will be unchanged.

[autoimg] can be used to automatically fill the available space in the post body. Larger images will be shrunk to fit, while smaller images will be enlarged. Extremely small images do not expand well, so keep that in mind when using this tag.

Both tags preserve the image aspect ratio.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Re: BBcode tags for images

Postby Arakhor » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 am

Could you perhaps shrink the sidebar slightly? That way, a normal 1,024 by 768 image has a better chance of fitting onto the forum. I understand if you can't, of course.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Arakhor
Devious Daedric Deceiver

Re: BBcode tags for images

Postby Toccatta » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:07 pm

The default is to divide the page 76% - 22% between post body and profile with a 2% buffer in-between. I've changed it to 85% - 15% with no buffer. Hopefully, that'll let pictures show better while still leaving enough room for the user profile to show completely. I don't want to shrink the profile portion too much more, but I agree that almost a quarter of the page was way too much.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Return to Artwork and Screenshots