Stanford University Folding @ Home

For those who need to let off some hot air.

Re: Stanford University Folding @ Home

Postby Drakkmore » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:46 pm

So, I miss typed my F@H username, and we had a Drakmore folding for us for a while. Fixed it now, so Drakkmore is once again folding for Team Elder Scrolls. Unfortunately we lost Drakmore.
Side note I did go immediately to the F@H site, and download the newest client, and have since had four new work orders, as well as the covid-19 option.

Simba Approves.jpg
my 14 year old pup approves of F@H
Drakkmore

Postby Paceline » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:55 am

Sorry to hear about Drakmore but happy that Simba approves!!! Also glad you got the new client sussed out.
Do you use a folding passkey?
...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly).
Paceline

Postby Drakkmore » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Yeah I actually have two, but I couldn't find where I put the slip with my old passkey when I got my machine folding again, so I had to request another. It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I'm folding under Drakmore, or Drakkmore with the current passkey,as I never got any warnings when changing my mane from the former to the latter. At any rate, I'm just happy to be folding again.
Drakkmore

Postby Paceline » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:33 pm

A new client has been released 7.6.13 with a few minor fixes in case you were having issues with the version you are running now. I upgraded mine and seems fine, course the previous version was working too.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=34466
the Ugly).
Paceline

Postby Drakkmore » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:00 pm

Hmmm seems to be something wrong, wouldn't finish installing the new client claiming FAH was running, when it was not running, and now I can not restore the old client, and I do not seem to be able to fold now.

EDIT: deleted the contents of the FAH client folder, and reinstalled. All seemed to go well, and it appears that I can fold again.
Drakkmore

Postby Paceline » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:39 pm

Do you have it installed/running as a service?
the Ugly).
Paceline

Postby Drakkmore » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:35 am

The extreme overclocking link clicky seems to be broken, I get a "Server not found" page with "Waterfox can’t find the server at folding.extremeoverclocking.com."

On a side note I've got another computer folding. It is old, and the Folding program will not use the GPU in the machine so it is only running on the CPU, which is a Core i5 650 ( told you it was old), but it's something else crunching numbers. I'll be running the second computer full time for folding for the next few days to see how it handles the load. I'd put a new GPU in the machine, but it's an OEM windows install, and the MB has only the one PCI-e slot. I doubt very much if replacing the GPU with the same model would do any good with the folding client not using it. That last sentence kind of got away from me I think.
Drakkmore

Postby Paceline » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:29 pm

I had to suspend my folding the past few months with the summer heat. Cooler weather looks to be a couple days away so should be able to fire up the 980Ti soonish.
the Ugly).
Paceline

Previous

Return to General Off-Topic