Barabus' Fireplaces

Barabus' Fireplaces

Postby Denina » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Barabus' Fireplaces

Replaces the fireplaces around Morrowind to be more aesthetic. This changes the fireplaces in interiors as well as the chimneys on the roof. This uses new meshes, its not just a texture replacer.

This review is based on a few months use.

Concept - Superb. One of the crucial details Bethesda left out is how most homes heat themselves. There are a few hearths in Redoran districts and a couple of fireplaces in Imperial homes and ash piles in a few shacks but mostly, this was neglected.

Design - Excellent. The fireplaces placed in the world fit and are not overwhelming and add a coziness to a lot of places that was absent before. I like to RP that I am warming my freezing hands in front of a warm fire.

Attention to Detail - Excellent. Barabus even remembered chimneys. Bethesda's chimneys were inadequate, to put it mildly and at worst, nonexistent. How well crafted the mod is. There are 2 dirty references in the mod so it should be cleaned before using, but I don't think that downgrades the mod in any way.

I cannot imagine playing without this mod. It's not something that is crucial to gameplay, but the atmosphere the fireplaces add make a huge difference in a subtle way that I enjoy.
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Barabus' Fireplaces

Postby Spirithawke » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Just thought people might like to know, there appears to be a newer version than the one you linked to Denina.

When nothing is certain, anything is possible

Phenom II X4 965 3400Mhz quad core, dual Radeon HD 5800s with 1024MB GDDR5 Ram, 16GB Ram, dual Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 led monitors, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Great House Fliggerty, My Mods on GHF Downloads
Morrowind Modding History
Using Tes3cmd to clean plugins the easy way.

Return to Morrowind Mod Reviews