An Update on Morrowind Crafting 3.0

Discussions regarding the development of Morrowind Crafting 3.0 (Tamriel Rebuilt edition)

Re: An Update on Morrowind Crafting 3.0

Postby Drac » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:00 am

Next, an admittedly quickly-assembled alchemy lab... (This took about half an hour)

MC3_Alchemy1.jpg
View 1 (Various sizes of containers... and yes, those *are* all containers)

MC3_alchemy2.jpg
And the inevitable view 2. Note that all of the cabinets shown are heavy-duty versions (more capacity).
Drac

Postby Drac » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:52 pm

Let's see what you all think of these...

MC3_SmithingRoom1.jpg
A smithing room...

MC3_CraftRoom1.jpg
A place where one can do a little crafting in peace.

MC3_CraftRoom2.jpg
And another view within the crafting area.
Drac

Postby abiel0530 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:29 pm

So the heavier parts of crafting are now to be done in a dedicated crafting room?
abiel0530

Postby Drac » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Actually, no... these are just some examples of how we've decorated some rooms in a completely empty house. I tend to like to set aside a room for sewing/fletching/woodworking and the like, but you can use your crafting skills anywhere at all, as long as you have the appropriate tools and materials. A little skill wouldn't hurt either, but that's what practice is for, after all. 8-)

Of course, you may want to set your anvil up somewhere protected; they're a bit heavy to carry around with you. :D
Drac

Postby Drac » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:28 am

We noticed that there's a game-engine limitation with placing objects at heights above what the game considers a 'safe range'... meaning that if you're high enough above the ground (or a static object), the "PlaceAtMe" scripting function necessary for local referencing fails to operate correctly. In order to overcome that, Toccatta had to create an alternate method of movement for those circumstances. While testing the results, we became just a bit playful... the results proved interesting.

MC3_Tower1.jpg
A jaunt into the areas beneath Mournhold was our first try.

MC3_Tower2.jpg
Next, a bit of fun next to a tower in Balmora. Yes, it's a bit tall.
Drac

Postby Denina » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:04 pm

I love how you set up the crafting room, functional and aesthetically pleasing all at once. Only thing is that I think I would want some kind of stone surface to set the smelter on...that things gets a mite warm.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:52 am

Well, you can do that in 3.0... some stone surfaces are definitely available.
Drac

Postby Denina » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:56 pm

How are things going? There going to be a beta upcoming? Now that the weather is getting cooler, I'm feeling more Morrowindy. I took the summer off so I wouldn't be sick of the game before beta. :)
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:35 am

Aha, she lives! Actually, we are planning an early-Alpha release to some selected testers, so that we can see about the placement/movement/rotation scripts, and some new objects. If you looked at some of the images we'd posted... everything but floors, walls and ceilings were able to be placed by the player in-game; the actual make-item scripts are not yet modified from the 2.1 level, but that's coming. We've made a LOT of progress... I'm getting a bit more fired-up myself, even. 8{)}
Drac

Postby Denina » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Oh I'm still around...just because I have nothing to say doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. I check for updates multiple times a week. Take your time and do it right. I can be patient a while longer. I remember how quickly 2.0 got done and how flawless it was then. I can only imagine how great it's going to be now. It's worth waiting for. I know this project has been anything but easy.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

PreviousNext

Return to MC Development