Purchasing Equipment

Discussions regarding the development of Morrowind Crafting 3.0 (Tamriel Rebuilt edition)

Purchasing Equipment

Postby Denina » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:44 am

Just had a thought process...

Since I have a character who wants to make her own armor and weapons, I intend to work on smithing in the beta test phase when you reach that point. There are 2 house mods I intend to add to my beta test that are on different parts of the island. I was wondering...can you make it possible to purchase more than 1 anvil so I have the option of setting up a smithy there? If I recall correctly from 2.1, you could only acquire 1.

Also, with the MC seller in Ebonheart, I never was able to get a copy of the list he had. I meant to mention that before and kept forgetting. I was never sure that was intentional or not. Being able to special order equipment through dialogue might be more efficient than the randomly spawning containers. Since I use a mod that changes when the DB attacks the player (later on when the PC is actually someone worth killing), going to Mournhold to visit the MC seller there isn't always an option.

Just throwing some ideas out there. :)
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Purchasing Equipment

Postby Toccatta » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:17 am

Well, I've set up the anvils now so that they can be uninstalled and moved from place to place. This only works on unowned anvils, but the good news is that there are several anvils in dwemer ruins (added by Tamriel Rebuilt) that are officially unowned. You can uninstall them and place them wherever you want. Drac and I have also talked about the possibility of adding a mining supply depot somewhere (all those shipments to Raven Rock for mining supplies have to come from somewhere, after all) and I had intended to allow them to sell both smelters and anvils as well.

So, yes... you'll be able to purchase more than one, but getting the second (or more) will require you to leave Vvardenfell. As the man in Ebonheart says, making an anvil is usually a project an apprentice finishes in order to progress to journeyman, so every smith AT apprentice uses his master's and every smith above apprentice already has his own. Still, we already plan to add a place to either buy one outright or commission a blacksmith to make one for you, so if you have any ideas on where a depot would best be placed, I'd love to hear it. I'm currently thinking of Firewatch, since it seems to be a major port town on the mainland, but there is also a possibility of putting it near one of the four primary iron mines.

As to the MC seller in Ebonheart, I'm not sure what list you're referring to. Do you mean the list of things he sells? Most if not all of his inventory is random.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Denina » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:10 pm

I will think on location of the mining depot.

In the greeting, he mentions a list. For some reason I thought that was a list meant to be given to the player but since you don't even know what I'm referring to, I guess I'm wrong. :roll:
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Toccatta » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Ah.. I just looked up his dialog to figure out which list you're referring to. I suppose his greeting isn't worded very well. His "list" of inventory is what shows up when you go into barter mode with him. Since he doesn't have a fixed inventory, an actual physical list wouldn't be meaningful. I'll change the dialog to avoid any confusion about whether or not the player is actually supposed to receive a list.

[edit] Okay... reference to a list has been removed and replaced with a comment about having a nice selection of merchandise you may wish to look over.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Drac » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 am

If it helps, we've discussed the possibility of perhaps being able to make an anvil, once you have the requisite skill, though it would be a tedious and expensive task. It would, however, allow a player to have (eventually :} ) multiple anvils without having to 'acquire' them from fixed locations and the like.
Drac

Return to MC Development