Merry Christmas MkII

Discussions regarding the development of Morrowind Crafting 3.0 (Tamriel Rebuilt edition)

Merry Christmas MkII

Postby Toccatta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:54 am

Last Christmas, I officially announced that MC3 was under development. Due to changing to new computer systems and several unexpected delays, the process is taking longer than originally anticipated. However, I'd like to celebrate a year of (off-and-on) work on MC3 by releasing an early alpha "teaser". Keep in mind that this is very much a work-in-progress, so many things are still incomplete.

Most of the items you'll be able to make have been created and scripted and function correctly (to the best of my knowledge), but as the scripts for actually crafting the newly added items haven't been completed (nor have the recipes or difficulties even been decided for all of them), you'll need to use the console to give them to your character. Many systems have had the upgrades completed. For example, the updates to mining are all done, as are the changes that allow you to configure Morrowind Crafting and uninstall items. Some are still unfinished.

This release isn't the end result, so don't worry if things are still rather crude. But I didn't want an entire year to go by without everyone at least having a chance to see for themselves that the project is alive and well, and underway.

Happy Holidays to all,

Drac & Toccatta

[edit] Oops. Almost forgot... In order to test the mining, you'll probably also want the magic mining cart. In the finished release, there will probably be a significant quest to acquire the cart. For now, you can find it sitting in the Vivec mining hall, available for the taking. Just go in and grab it as it isn't owned in this pre-release version. To use it, just drop it on your character. It currently holds a huge capacity (24000), but it can only hold ores - iron, silver, gold, adamantium, ebony, and glass. If the idea of carrying around a huge mining cart with a weight of 40 seems too unrealistic, pretend you're pulling it along behind you and the 40 isn't the weight you're actually carrying, but the additional drain on your capacity from having to pull or push it. That's actually what I had intended, but due to the limited nature of the game mechanics, I can't see any way of depicting it that way.
Attachments
MC Mining Cart.zip
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 702 times
MC3 Early Alpha.zip
(25.54 MiB) Downloaded 1038 times
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Re: Merry Christmas MkII

Postby Tinker » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:50 am

I am having a problem loading the alpha, it appears in the mod list but is not selectable, the cart is selectable but not the main esp. I assume it is a dependency issue.
Tinker

Postby Toccatta » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:02 pm

As it's the TR version of Morrowind Crafting, it requires the Tamriel Rebuilt mod, specifically revision 1.6 (but doesn't include the TR alpha). Unfortunately, it means that every time the Tamriel Rebuilt team puts out a new revision, I'll have to create an updated version as well.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Tinker » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:53 am

Thanks., I thought it might be that one, I have been putting off installing it but now I have to.
Tinker

Postby Drac » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:22 am

Now that there are several downloads of MC3, and it has been a couple of weeks, has anyone any comments, thus far?
Drac

Postby Denina » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:25 am

Uh oh, I couldn't find a download link at TR's website for version 1.6, just the newest version. Will the alpha still work with it or will it be completely messed up? I know how touchy the game can be.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Toccatta » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:28 pm

The previous version was completely flummoxed with the change to 1.6, so I can only assume that a new revision will be just as likely to screw up.

[edit] After doing some more checking, it appears that the whole issue may be a semantic one. It seems that the TR team has simply changed the way they refer to the updates, and while the newest release was originally named "Sacred East 1.6" (which is the release we used with the early alpha), it is NOW called "Build 14.08". So far as I can see this is NOT a new version, and the early MC3 alpha should work with it just fine.
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Denina » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Ah, the change in naming confused me too. I don't think I ever updated TR from the last time so that would explain some things. I'm sure I will have questions forthcoming in the near-future. I've never tested an alpha before, just betas so I'm a little nervous about this.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Toccatta » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:40 pm

A number of the changes affect the original equipment (such as the placement scripts and the uninstall options), so for the items that you could make in MC 2.1, you can just make them like normal and test them. However, for the items that didn't exist in 2.1, you'll have to use the console to give yourself a copy for testing. The master cheat-sheet lists all the objects and their console names. It's saved in Open Office format, so if you don't have a spreadsheet program, download a copy of Open Office (it's free) and print out a copy of the cheat-sheet.

Also, the changes to the crafting system, such as skill uncapping, learning curve adjustment, and strict/casual selection can be tested. Remember that the configuration works with the woodworking toolkit. The new mining options can also be tested, as can the new training tricks... basically, you can now intentionally disadvantage yourself with agility and/or intelligence draining conditions (such as spells or liquor) in order to increase the difficulty of the tasks - kind of like learning to field strip a rifle or performing martial arts while blindfolded. Since training is based not only on success, but on the difference between the skill of the player and the difficulty of the task, increasing the difficulty of a given task can allow the player to receive more training for a success. It also allows the player to turn moderately difficult tasks into extremely difficult ones (depending on how badly you reduce your intelligence/agility), giving you more options for training the very high end levels rather than being forced to use the very material intensive high-end tasks.
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Denina » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:53 am

I have Microsoft Office suite so I have a spreadsheet, easy enough to convert.

Thanks for the tips, that'll help a lot. Never occurred to me that using liquors to decrease my intelligence would make it easier to train a skill. That's clever. I usually will use a fortify fatigue exploit that you mentioned once but I could see the heavy drinking being useful at higher end levels. Using both could work, right?
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Next

Return to MC Development