[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Fort Elder Scrolls • View topic - Personal Quests

Personal Quests

Personal Quests

Postby Denina » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Personal Quests

Postby uncle fuzzy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 pm

I haven't tried this in Morrowind, yet, but a few hundred hours into Oblivion I decided to explore every inch of sea/lake shore and river bank on the map. It was a bit more focussed than random wandering, opened a huge area of the map, and let me find lots of places I needed later without being under the "stress" of a "real" quest. I followed my progress on the world map.
uncle fuzzy

Postby Drac » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:54 am

Well, there have been times when I either followed the entire coastline of Solstheim, or the entire coast of Vvardenfell; I've yet to manage this (still working on it :P ) for the Tamriel Rebuilt lands. They've made the coastline eight times as long as it would be if the place were semi-squared off. Rosa's feet are beginning to hurt. :?
Drac

Postby uncle fuzzy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am

One thing I started to do in vanilla Morrowind, after I could water breathe, was explore underwater to the edge of the map. I think I only did the west side.
uncle fuzzy

Postby Arakhor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 pm

Marek Tillunson (who could breathe and see underwater unhindered) once swam from Khuul to Fort Frostmoth, to see if it could be done. Even with a low-level Swift Swim, it still took a surprisingly long time!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Arakhor
Devious Daedric Deceiver

Postby Denina » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:38 pm

I swam from Gnaar Mok to Gnisis once...it was pretty to see the scenery looking toward the shoreline and the islands on the way. It was a fun little rendezvous.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby uncle fuzzy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:27 pm

I swam, or walked, to and from Fort Frostmoth several times. I also swam around and located all the little islands in the east (Sadnith Mora) and northeast (Dagonfel). It was fun to swim along the bottom and then run up the slope to land, accross the island, down the other side, and swim to the next one. I'm pretty sure I found some goodies doing this.

I admit, it's been so long since I played Morrowind I had to look at a map to get the place names right.
uncle fuzzy

Postby Arakhor » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm

I will shamefacedly admit to forgetting the name of Khuul. All I could think of was 'the fishing village near the Urshilaku camp'.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Arakhor
Devious Daedric Deceiver

Postby boardguest808888 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 am

Locking up dangerous critters, daedra, vampire or perhaps, an ash creature within the stronghold given by the noble house.

As was said by Nibani Maesa, the Nerevarine can not fail. Others' can and have, but he/she couldn't. I like the idea of being constantly reminded of what was at stake, should the would-be world savior ever failed.

Of course, it is rather complicated (much more than simply soul-trap them within a soul-gem), like actually found a 6th house base, piling loads of Command -type scrolls, Calm spells, etc. Not to mention having to join any of the noble house and actually build a stronghold. But it gives emphasize on the seriousness of the whole Nerevarine business.
boardguest808888

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:57 am

New personal quest I've undertaken:

Go from western/southern Vvardenfell to Sadrith Mora on foot before level 5. No fast travel options without using potions from the Fighter and Mages' Guild chests and not buying any from merchants.

Let me just say...it's not easy.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Next

Return to Morrowind: General Discussion