What did you do in Morrowind today?

Re: What did you do in Morrowind today?

Postby Drac » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:47 am

It is interesting how short the distance actually is, if measured in a straight line... but they were clever and made the character follow twisted paths that double back upon themselves, so that it always seems *much* longer. (Of course, now with TR, there *are* some very long distances available... which treble in the mind, as the same tricks are employed in many places)
Drac

Postby Denina » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 am

That's true. If you follow the road between Caldera and Ald-ruhn, from the path that leads away from Sjorvar Horse-Mouth's guar ranch...if you follow the road it feels like you've gone a long way, but if you go off to the left after you've gone for a ways, you find you're only a hop, skip and a jump away from his shack. The path just twists around a winding curve, makes it feel long you've traveled a long way from it. It's a trade off - if you take the short but straight path, you are probably going to have to kill a couple or more somethings on the way. If you take the roads, probably not so much, maybe just 1 or even none.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:22 pm

A few days past, Arissi finally decided that enough was enough, and went after Dagoth Ur, after making 'trophies' of his Ash Vampire's souls (kept upon a shelf in her magicka-research room). It seems that the Big Ur was a bit non-plussed that she would dare to poke her nose into an active volcano, and expressed his opinion rather rudely, so she gave him a piece of her mind and kicked his new toy apart (Akulajhan, the Numidium replacement). Apparently it wasn't that difficult for her, since she'd found a way (yes, without cheating or CS additions) to collect a dozen or more Amalexia souls... and nearly thirty Dridea Monarch-souls, in a certain valley in TR.

She'll have to learn to curb her temper a bit more.. else she'll have a small fit when some merchant attempts to cheat her, and accidentally blow the entire town away.
Drac

Postby Denina » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Heh, you should write that in your story too...show her losing her temper. It'd be scary awesome indeed.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drac » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:14 pm

In the story, she'd hopefully learn to control her temper better by the time she had that sort of power... but then again, perhaps she'll change... with great power there often comes great ambition. Maybe she'll eventually take up the spot left open by Amalexia and Sotha Silk's deaths? (Somehow I doubt it 8-) )
Drac

Postby boardguest808888 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Sitting in the middle of empty hall, surrounded by grumpy dunmers who never seems to say anything more than one sentence..?? That sounds very...un-Arissi :lol:
boardguest808888

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:51 am

Reviving this thread...

Earlier today before work, I used my one-and-only scroll of Ondusi's Unhinging and broke into the upper level of the Chun-Ook to get some alchemy equipment. Never done that before. I can't believe there's no ownership there. The guards must've been high on all the moonsugar that's in there, plus the bottle of skooma. If I'd had another scroll, I would've tried to break into the lower level. I'll definitely go back one day.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Denina » Mon May 01, 2017 4:56 pm

Today, I've been running around admiring how pretty everything is with MGE XE. Playing? Hardly. Ooohing and aaahhhhing, definitely! Much better than the older version of MGE I had. The water is far superior, too.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Previous

Return to Morrowind: General Discussion