[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Fort Elder Scrolls • View topic - The Imperial Legion Badge by Rodrigo Ortiz

The Imperial Legion Badge by Rodrigo Ortiz

The Imperial Legion Badge by Rodrigo Ortiz

Postby Denina » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 am

Tired of carrying Imperial Legion stuff around just to talk to the other soldiers/generals/etc? With the Imperial Legion Badge you don't need any armor to be recognized as a Imperial Legion soldier. It doesn't need to be equipped either, making it even more practical.

For more information, check the Notice at the door of Madach Tradehouse in Gnisis.

The Imperial Legion Badge.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: The Imperial Legion Badge by Rodrigo Ortiz

Postby Denina » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:50 am

The Imperial Legion Badge
by Rodrigo Ortiz

I've been using this mod since 2007. It was a necessity back then because I had a low-end computer and changing equipment too much would crash me to desktop. I've played with it loaded ever since whether my characters join the Legion or not just because it made sense to me.

Concept: Excellent. Almost every other military regime in the world has a badge or the like with which to identify themselves. Why Bethesda didn't do this to begin with instead of putting a script on the armor is beyond me; especially since there are only a handful of armor pieces in the original game that had them.

Lore Accuracy: Not applicable. There is nothing in lore to indicate any reason why there would or would not be badges as far as I know. I've written in my fan fictions where Leah has flashed her badge; it just seems natural. Anyone, not necessarily a Legionnaire can wear a cuirass and pass as a member of the Legion; but only Legionnaires actually receive a badge.

Design: Simple, efficient and very effective. The badge does not need to be equipped in order for the script to be recognized that the player is a Legionnaire. It would have made the mod stand out more if the badge had a unique mesh/texture instead of using the dwemer coin one, but that does not detract from this mod's overall usefulness.

Attention to Detail: Mostly covered in design. Again, the badge does not need to be equipped in order to be recognized so no other clothing items get displaced, which is a very important detail when considering that the armor in game had to be equipped. The beauty of this mod is its simplicity. It's a small mod that makes a very big difference, but only if you join the Legion. It does not affect game play in any other way.

Technical Achievement: It's simple and flawless in that it achieves what it is meant to do. It did not need to be complicated and it wasn't.

Conflicts: I've never found one. The notice is on the door of Madach's Tradehouse. I guess any mod affecting that door may pose a problem, but I don't know of any mod that would need to do that.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: The Imperial Legion Badge by Rodrigo Ortiz

Postby Arakhor » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:06 am

This sounds like a really good idea. The simplest ideas are usually the best. :)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." ~ George Bernard Shaw.
Arakhor
Devious Daedric Deceiver

Return to Morrowind Mod Reviews