[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Fort Elder Scrolls • View topic - Wayfarer's Rest by Baratheon79

Wayfarer's Rest by Baratheon79

Wayfarer's Rest by Baratheon79

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Wayfarer's Rest by Baratheon79.

his mod allows the player to gain an inn, located along the road from Pelagiad to Balmora, and earn a profit from it. There is a quest to get this inn, and a couple more to improve it. Once you get the inn, profits may be collected on a weekly basis by talking to the innkeeper. This mod makes use of my Common Rich Hallway Tileset resource (included in the mod). Note that the download includes a quest walkthrough. Also, more screenshots can be found at http://baratheon79.rpgmods.com/screenshots.html *** Note: When you first activate the mod, you cannot just go to the inn, as it does not exist until you do the quest to get it built.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Wayfarer's Rest by Baratheon79

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 pm

This review is based on long-time use. I've used this mod for years.

Concept - Excellent. In a world full of inns, taverns and the like, this allows the player to legitimately make money without having to kill someone or something for it.

Lore Accuracy - This does not break lore in any way that I've ever found.

Design - Very good to Excellent though that's not to say it's perfect. The layout of the inn is nice especially with the common rich tileset for hallways used with it. It gave the inn a look that someone had invested a lot of money in this venture and given how much it costs to build, it should. There are 3 renter rooms upstairs. Main level has the dining area/dancer area and kitchen. Lower level has the store room and a very large room for the player to stay with some storage.

Attention to Detail - Fair to good. Some of this could just be personal preference but some of it is not. The renters rooms could have used a little more attention to detail. There are gaps in the doors to the renter rooms. No pillows on the beds. I am not sure if the mod author thought the player should add these little touches, but I would've thought an operating inn would already have them. In the storage room, it's even possible to add items for the bartender to sell. If you use a mod that adds foods and meals, it seems appropriate to see those in his inventory as travelers will likely be hungry. I also thought the inn was too close to Balmora. Perhaps if the inn had been situated on the road to the Fields of Kummu, that might've been more realistic.

Technical Achievement - Very good to Excellent. The dialogue, journal updates and scripting of the mod work flawlessly. I cannot recall any typos in dialogue. The investment to profit ratio is very acceptable in my opinion. The patron rotation scripts also work well though I would've liked to have seen more patrons in there at once.

Additional comments: I love this mod so much that I made several "improvements" to it for my own use. I enjoy the process of getting the inn built and the quests are straightforward. I also like adding little touches to the place once it's built in game to make it look more "homey"...a place where travelers would love to stay.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Return to Morrowind Mod Reviews