[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Fort Elder Scrolls • View topic - The Uber Crystal Egg Hunt by Bryss Phoenix and Fliggerty

The Uber Crystal Egg Hunt by Bryss Phoenix and Fliggerty

The Uber Crystal Egg Hunt by Bryss Phoenix and Fliggerty

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 pm

The Uber Crystal Egg Hunt.

Some time ago, and adventurer by the name of Bryssa Lynn'Phoenix traversed most of the know lands of Vvardenfell. She was fearless, never hesitating before tomb nor shrine, grotto nor shipwreck. Before Bryssa came to Morrowind, she came into the possession of some amazing trinkets known only as The Collection of Crystal Eggs. For reasons unknown to the general populace, Bryssa took these marvelous eggs with her on her travels, and placed them throughout the island of Vvardenfell. These eggs can now be yours if you dare to tread her path.

This mod creates an UBER egg hunt. There are NO clues, NO dialogue. No one on Vvardenfell knows of these eggs, nor their locations. Each and every one is unique in coloring and name. There are 165 of these eggs. 165!!! Please keep that number in mind. It is a HUGE number. HUGE. Also, once each individual egg is found, it is possible to have a trader make copies if it. In other words, it will immediately become available for sale with a Trader. There are 39 Traders ingame. Only the NPC's that have class designation as Trader Service will carry these eggs. Also, when you go to get the egg, it will actually stay put, but an egg will show up in your inventory. This is a bit of a scripting thing. At the moment, I don't mind it, but I may change it in the future.

Clavis is the modder we have to thank for these marvelous eggs. She did the meshes and textures for them and put them in the CS as activators. I transferred them over to misc objects so that they could be treated like knick-knacks and collected. I also named them all as I thought that would make them nicer to have. Additionally, there is now a version that utilizes Drackolus's Crystal Egg Icons. Now you can use these instead of the horrid ones I made for this mod.

Due to sheer numbers, these eggs are literally hidden in almost every single tomb, shrine, grotto, shipwreck and only just a couple of strongholds. I don't think there is a single egg in an exterior cell. Nor in a city, house, shop (except for the ones that the trader's carry) etc. Due to the way the eggs are scripted into the Trader's inventory, it mostly isn't possible to steal them and the barrels are not accessable. Also, all the eggs are out, so to speak; no egg is hidden in a container. As for actually trying to find the eggs once in a location, I can tell you that 1. You are gonna need torches or nighteye, and probably levitate and waterbreathing. 2. Be creative. 3. Be patient. Some are in plain site, some are hard to get to. Some are in places where I have always wanted something to be hidden, but nothing was until now. Some places it was virtually impossible to do anything creative with because it was such a plain place. Some locations have more than one egg, but these are very rare. If you are stumped in a location, and don't want to read the location document, and would just like a hint, please feel free to send me an email and I'll hint you as best as I can. :D

Also, there are no screenshots as I wouldn't want to give any locations away. However, since you have to download Clavis's resource in order to play this mod, you'll see the screenies of the eggs there. :D
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Re: The Uber Crystal Egg Hunt by Bryss Phoenix and Fliggerty

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:04 pm

This review is based on long-time use as I've played with it since its original release.

Concept - Fun! It's basically a treasure hunt only there are 165 original treasures to seek.

Design - Excellent. The whole point of a treasure hunt is to find them. It will take a while.

Attention to Detail - Excellent. I have never found all the eggs in one play through, but of all I have found, there is only 1 that could've been better placed. There is one that is impossible to get to without using the console to disable the object in front of it.

Technical Achievement - The eggs are usually well-hidden but not impossible to find. I noticed that some show up in merchants' inventories and some don't. On the other hand, I have not really taken the time to look for them either across various merchants. When I do see one I've found in a merchant's inventory, it's a pleasant surprise. The placement of the eggs do not seem to affect any other aspect of the game.

Additional comments: I love this mod. It's always fun to find an egg and when I go into a dungeon or even an ordinary cell, I will look around to see if I can find one. I know where a handful of the eggs are now, but they're still fun to look for, especially in the places I know where it's darker and not always easy to see. This is just a fun little treasure hunt. For those who like collections, this is a must have.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drakkmore » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Oh Denina have you gotten the updated version of the mod where Fligg made it so the eggs will now disappear when you activate them?
I only ask as there is not mention of it in the original post.
Drakkmore

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 pm

The version you speak of that makes the eggs disappear is version 1.1. I linked to version 1.3 so it should be fine. I didn't copy the entire description, just what the mod does. The page I linked to has the entire description.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Postby Drakkmore » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:24 pm

OK I just wanted to make sure that it was mentioned, and in case you had the older version that you knew it was available.
Drakkmore

Postby Denina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 pm

I appreciate that.
Denina
Queen of Sarcasm

Return to Morrowind Mod Reviews