[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Fort Elder Scrolls • View topic - List of Suggestions

List of Suggestions

Discussions regarding the development of Morrowind Crafting 3.0 (Tamriel Rebuilt edition)

List of Suggestions

Postby Huskobar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Here is my list of top suggestions. You already have the breakdown I PM'd, but as requested here is a point-form listing posted here for all to see.

- BOOKS
I'm glad to see you're considering adding books because with literally hundreds of items to craft, it's virtually impossible to keep in mind (or on paper or switching out of game to the help file) the relative difficulties and resources required for each project. I suggest scattering them among crafters (not just booksellers) to provide a bit of a quest in obtaining them.

- TIME PASSAGE
Make time pass for all activities. Vary time passage according to the difficulty of the task (e.g. it would take longer to craft a cuirass than to sew some common pants).

-CHOPPING
Ability to gather wood as per mineral ore. Extend availablity across many landmass mods and Solstheim. (I suggest the method of 'Filching' which allows one to obtain wood without felling/killing a tree).

- REEXAMINE HIGH-DIFFICULTY LEVELS
From what I can tell (both in-game and looking at scripts), it appears that the highest level one can train to is 100. In the Crafting (Handcrafting) discipline, Grandmaster equipment is at difficulty levels well above 100 meaning they could never be made. (Right?)

- MAKE JEWELLERY (JEWELRY) A SEPARATE DISCIPLINE
..in addition to adding amulets. This would a.) remove one category from the overweighted Crafting (Handcrafting) discipline and b.) make the activator consistent with others (fletching kit, sewing kit, woodworking chest...) which each trigger their own discipline.

- OVERHAUL FLETCHING
Make batch outputs smaller so the skill trains faster. Perhaps add Fletching as a skill check for the ease with which missiles are poisoned. Perhaps reduce world loot. With literally tens of thousands of missiles available through loot and merchants, there's little incentive to train Fletching.

- OVERHAUL DIFFICULTIES
A total overhaul has to be considered. Difficulty should be based on:

a.) practical use of the result
b.) monetary value of the result
c.) amount of materials needed
d.) diversity of materials needed
e.) rarity and/or expense of materials needed
f.) intensity of labor

There also has to be smooth progression from one difficulty level to the next with opportunity to use any kind of resource at close to that level.
For example, it's easy to get 'stuck' making small hickory chests with all your available hickory. While one or two hickory bookshelves might be desireable, there's not much incentive to make hickory bookshelves when small chests are relatively more valuable to sell, train to a higher level and by using fewer logs, train many more 'steps' per number of logs used.

- TWO FIRES
I never understood why you could make two different fires which each did the same thing. Furthermore, diversity could be added by spanning different menus over two fires, one say primarily for cooking while the other could be more utilitarian for things like threshing and rendering.

- RESOURCE SOURCES
Depending on what MC uses, where does salt come from? Where does sugar come from? Lard? Starch? Straw? Gold? Adamantium ingots? Soul gem crystals? blah blah.

- WATER PLANTS
I'd say leave them. I like sausage pods and kelp bladders. As for encroaching on landscape-altering mods, what mods DON'T alter the landscape. Quite a few do.

- ADDITIONAL STEPS
Yes, and quite a few could be proposed here. I thought of the making of yarn which could go into loom projects, the making of dyes which could go into coloring objects such as jewelry, candle wax, and maybe thread, the rendering of wood to make charcoal which would be used to make steel ingots, the rendering of animals fats to make lard, oils, waxes, and tallows, wooden shafts for use in making certain weapons and tools, whatever.

- POISONING EXTENSION
..to include a wider range of missiles such as throwing knives and those introduced by other mods, such as throwing discs, axes, and javelins in Wizards Islands.

- EXTENSIONS BEYOND TAMRIEL REBUILT
TR is undoubtedly one of the most 'important' projects out there, but don't forget about Silgrad Tower, Wizards Islands, White Wolf, Sea of Destiny, Ald Vendras, Dulsya Isle, Havish, Korobal Island, Five Keys of Azura, and the many Expandeds out there.

- MAGIC MINING CARTS
Yecch. Sorry.

Crap. I accidentally just hit the Backspace button in my browser and got sent back to the login page losing 2 hours of work on this post. That'll learn me. If I remember any other major suggestions I'll post them later, but I'm sure this is plenty enough for now.
Huskobar

Re: List of Suggestions

Postby Drac » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:16 am

Drac

Postby Toccatta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Huskobar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Huskobar

Postby Toccatta » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:20 pm

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost."
- Bilbo Baggins
Toccatta
The Untitled

Postby Huskobar » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:13 pm

CLAY/SAND BANKS
I have only started about 3 games where banks have been activated afresh so it's hard to be definite about when it occurs but it seems to me that it's after the first activation. I have a habit of tweaking mods in the course of a savegame. In a couple of earlier playthroughs, I'd have attributed the hitch to doubling but the last time I was surprised to see it occur again. Tweaks were very minor and no refs were touched. I'll give it closer scrutiny next time to see if it repeats.

As for the metals, I can understand your point of view.

And thanks for your disclaimer at the end, but don't knock yourself out. These are merely suggestions. If you like any, use them; if you don't, don't. I can appreciate that your plate is full.
Huskobar

Postby stillcrazygreggy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Thanks from a long time user of MC . I would like to suggest Wood Stacks or Piles as an alternative to an earlier suggestion - Chopping down existing trees . These could be set to respawn at appropriate intervals , some being free to use ( driftwood along coastal and riverine areas , refuse stacks near ports to clear dangerous floating debris , town shared stacks for fire wood )and some being owned ( by vendors and trainers ) . Activating one would result in gaining a number of workable logs of specific wood and some scrap wood . They could also be placed at the locations of major Ashlander encampments ( for ash wood ) , towns ( for oak , mahogany , etc ) and near to wood vendors Foreign woods ) . I'm suggesting this because the degree of deforestation tree chopping produced in Morrowind Complete turned out to be too distracting for this player as well as making things awkward for tree replacer mods and even though the earlier suggestion did consider this, it seems that this could be just as viable a method of procuring workable lumber . Cheers all .
stillcrazygreggy

Return to MC Development